Develop motor skills by learning how to weave.
Materials you will need:
- Newspaper cut into strips
- Colour paper/ plain paper
1. Prepare the newspaper in strips.
2. Fold the coloured paper/ plain paper into half and cut evenly-spaced slits from the folding edge on both side. (Parents can help to cut or draw lines to use as guide for the child to cut)
3. Weave across the slits by going over and under the slits.
4. Weave each paper in opposite pattern.
5. Parents can change the newspaper to magazine or any recycled paper with colours too.