- Learn the characteristics of a fish
- Promote fine motor skills and concentration
Materials you will need:
- Origami paper
- Or recycled paper cut into squares
1. Watch the video and listen to Fish by Isabel Martin.
2. Discuss the following questions:
- Do you think all animals in the ocean are fish?
- Is fish same as the insect or arachnid?
- What are the characteristics of a fish?
- What animals are fish?
- How are the fishes different from other animals?
3. Start with a square piece of origami paper/ recycled paper, fold the upper left
corner to the lower right corner, then unfold.
4. Fold the upper right corner to the lower left corner, then unfold.
5. Fold the top half back, then unfold.
6. Poke the center with your finger and bring the left and right sides together.
7. The paper will collapse into a triangle. Rotate the triangle 90° to the left.
8. Fold the bottom corner up a little above the center and fold the top flap over the bottom one as shown.
9. Turn the fish over and you’re done. Draw the eye and some stripes for decoration.